Healthy Corn & Cherry Tomato Salad
I tried this recipe after my best friends mom showed it to me! Her recipe was just corn, but I added my own twist to it to give it extra nutrients and more flavor! I love learning new recipes from friends and family. New recipes are a way to bring change and traditions home! I hope you enjoy it as much as my dad and I did!
5 Ears of Corn (I used fresh, locally grown corn)
5 Mini, Breakfast Radishes (Home-Grown), thinly sliced
Around 30 Cherry Tomatoes (Home-Grown), sliced in half
2 Limes, juiced
Half a Bermuda Onion, sliced thinly
Handful of Fresh Basil (Home-Grown), roughly chopped
2 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar (you can use any type of vinegar)
1 Tbs Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook and chill the corn
- Slice the tomatoes in half and toss into a bowl
- Thinly slice your onion and toss into the same bowl
- Add half of the lime juice
- Let the onions and tomatoes soak up the lime juice
- Cut the corn kernels off of the cob and toss into the bowl
- Slice the radishes very thinly and add to the mixture
- Chop the basil and add half.
- Mix thoroughly
- Add the vinegar, oil and the rest of the lime juice
- Add the rest of the basil and toss
Serve as is or you could let it chill in the fridge and then chill.
I served mine with stuffed peppers! I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I did!